Re: [RRG] yetAnotherProposal: AS-number forwarding

On 3/10/08 7:38 AM, Geoff Huston allegedly wrote:
Dunno how much all this helps the world other than illustrate (a) that AS-based routing is probably too coarse and you may want a finer level of granularity in terms of division of forwarding elements ...

... which as far as I remember is the primary reason we've reluctantly dismissed the idea of AS-based routing several times over the years.