RE: [RRG] Generic requirements on mapping mechanisms

|> One way of shifting that cost further is for the advertising site to
|> proactively issue updates based on historical requests.
|
|Are you suggesting that if the advertising site does this, the caching
|site could toss out cache entries more casually, because they are
|likely to be refreshed?  I wonder if proactive updates will increase
|both the cost of caching and the cost of processing updates even more,
|because updates will be sent and processed even when they are not
|needed.

No, I'm saying that having the advertising site issue proactive updates
might be cheaper (on the caching side) than having the caching site send
refresh requests.  The caching site might want to have the ability to
terminate the proactive updates.

Over the lifetime of a non-trivially lived cache entry, this could shift
more of the burden to the advertiser.

Tony