[RRG] What does incremental deployment mean

> It is not obvious to me that changing operating systems
> (and/or applications) necessarily prohibits incremental
> deployment.  draft-rja-ilnp-intro-00.txt provides a specific
> example of a host stack change architecture that I believe
> to be incrementally deployable.  At least some major host OS
> vendor folks agree with that assessment.

I definitely agree to your opinion. We should not judge whether an approach
supports incremental deployment just by whether host change is required.
Nowadays, host upgrade is not such a hard work. Moreover, the id/locator
split is not a so urgent demand that required to be deployed within the
coming 3-5 year.

Since there is some possibility and benefit of introducing host change in
solving the routing scalability issue, how about involving some people from
host OS vendor to join this discussion?

Best wishes,
Xiaohu XU