Re: [RRG] Consensus check: mapping granularity

Xu,
The identifier to locator mapping function should support mapping
entries
for both host identifiers and their aggregates.
For scalability reasons, I would propose to define this requirement as
follows :

The identifier to locator mapping function MUST support mapping entries
for aggregates of identifiers. It MAY also support mapping entries for
host identifiers.

Hi Tony and Olivier,

Does this requirement imply that the identifier must be a hierarchical label
(not flat label) so as to be aggregatable?

I don't think that a hierarchy is necessary. What is required is a mapping system that deals with blocks of identifiers and not with individual identifiers.

Olivier

--
http://inl.info.ucl.ac.be , Universite catholique de Louvain, Belgium