RE: [RRG] More discussion please: mapping churn

|I understand you're trying to nail down criteria, but I think it's
|premature to put numbers on this.

That's fine.  I'd be happy with a qualitative answer or even some more
discussion leading up to a qualitative answer.

|To start with, are you
|still using a
|general definition of "mapping", or is the question specific to
|intermediary-based map-n-encap?

For now, I'm remaining general, but if it's helpful, we can break it down by
case analysis.

|Second, are you assuming a single
|database that needs to be updated, or allowing for multiple DBs or
|distributed DB?  Are you taking into account that in pull models
|"outdated" mapping entries might still be valid?

I think it's safe to assume that it's distributed.  ;-)  HOSTS.TXT didn't
scale that well.

Yes, of course, pull models have issues.  Should be fodder for discussion...

Tony