RE: [RRG] Consensus? End-user networks need their own portable address space

>...if we want to truly fix the architecture...

Assuming the "end-to-end" axiom it seems that the discussion so far circles around a few "to". That could mean one of the following:
1. There is a universally accepted definition of the "end"
2. Any particular "to" defines its own "ends"

The #1. above seems unlikely. IMO the starting point of the new architecture is a clear definition of the "end"-point in networking communication. That entity is the one that requires identifiers. Also current multiple "ends" encourage NATs, which will exist as long as the user definition of the "end" differs from that of IETF.

If you see a merit in the above line of thought please let me know so I can paint a perspective on the "ends" under IPv6.

Thanks,

Peter