Re: [RRG] Long term clean-slate only for the RRG?

    > From: jnc@mercury.lcs.mit.edu (Noel Chiappa)

    >> From: Yakov Rekhter <yakov@juniper.net>

    >> LISP is *not* going to reduce the cost of multi-homing. ... This is
    >> because deploying and operating additional infrastructure/mechanisms
    >> to support LISP has its own (non-zero) cost.

    > the alternatives .. seem to be either:
    > - i) PI supported by the routing .. or
    > - ii) multiple addresses per host, visible to all
    > ..
    > Multi-homing .. is a benefit, but it's a benefit that has costs. The
    > only question is how large are the costs, and who's going to pay them.
    > So, what's your preferred method of supporting multi-homing, and why do
    > you prefer that one?
    > ..
    > a lot of people seem to see the value in separating location and
    > identity. Do you agree this is a good move, and if not, why not?

These weren't pro forma questions, or rhetorical devices. I am genuinely
interested to hear from people with divergent views, because if there's an
erroneous judgement somewhere, I'd like to hear about it. (And my mind is not
set in concrete - e.g. I have in the past supported ii), but have been told
that it's a non-starter.)

If Yakov's too busy with other stuff to respond, is there anyone else who'd
like to answer either one?

	Noel