Re: [RRG] Long term clean-slate only for the RRG?

Dave,

> Yakov,
>
> On Jun 26, 2008, at 6:53 AM, Yakov Rekhter wrote:
> > LISP is *not* going to reduce the cost of multi-homing. To the
> > contrary, LISP is going to make the cost of multihoming higher than
> > it is today.
>
> LISP, or something like it, would reduce the cost of multi-homing
> _over the long term_.

Since as Dino said in his e-mail "none of the LISP authors felt
that LISP was the ultimate long-term solution", LISP may
not matter over the long term, and therefore it really does not
matter whether LISP will reduce the cost of multi-homing _over the
long term_.

> > Moreover, LISP would would place this cost not only on the enterprises
> > that want to do multihoming, but on other parties as well (which
> > would result in mis-alignment of cost relative to benefits).
>
> Would this purported mis-alignment be better or worse than PI-for-
> everybody?

Could you point me to any document that shows that mis-alignment
with LISP would be *significantly* less than with what we have today ?

Yakov.