Re: [RRG] EXPLISP BOF at the Dublin IETF

Your slide indicates a re-classification of the 240/4 space
as public IPv4 addresses, but I don't necessarily agree that
that is the best use of the space. At most, that would give
a short-term scaling for IPv4 but it has already been said
here that scalable deployment of IPv6 is the goal.

The slide is an example how LISP+ALT works. It does not decree any request or mandate for address allocation.

Instead, the 240/4 addresses could make life much better for
private addressing within end sites and enterprises, while
EIDs go to public IPv6 addresses. The question is whether
2^32 (or thereabouts) end sites/enterprises is enough
(seems like it should be)?

Dino

Fred
fred.l.templin@boeing.com