Re: [RRG] Map-encap, fragmentation, PMTUD etc.

Hi Pekka,

I haven't kept up with the pace of SEAL development since writing
this message in April:

  SEAL & IPTM: differing goals
  http://psg.com/lists/rrg/2008/msg01207.html

This was 2008-04-22 - I thought there were significant differences
in the scope and goals of Fred's and my proposals.

That was for SEAL-11, but there have been many revisions to create
the current version:

  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-templin-seal-22

I am not sure how relevant the above message is to Fred's work now,
but it might help you understand the differences between the
proposals in April.

The LISP-ALT team's interest in solving the PMTUD problems does not
seem to be as fervent as Fred's or mine.

In March, I wrote a critique of the LISP-ALT approach, based on
draft-farinacci-lisp-06 (2008-02-27):

   LISP PMTU & fragmentation problems
   http://psg.com/lists/rrg/2008/msg00678.html

some followup messages are linked to from:

   http://www.firstpr.com.au/ip/ivip/lisp-links/#pmtud

My impression is that the changes from 06 to the current version 08
do not concern MTU problems.

Fred recently discussed applying SEAL to LISP on the LISP-Interest list:

  Archives: www.queuefull.net/lisp-interest/
  To subscribe, send a message with the subject line "subscribe" to
  <lisp-interest@ lists.civil-tongue.net>.

  http://www.queuefull.net/lisp-interest/msg00031.html  FT
  http://www.queuefull.net/lisp-interest/msg00032.html  DF
  http://www.queuefull.net/lisp-interest/msg00033.html  FT