Re: [RRG] Logistics preferences...

Tony Li wrote:
Hi all,

We've received feedback that folks are interested in slightly different mee=
ting arrangements for Minneapolis.  Under the assumption that we meet there=
 during IETF week, would you prefer:

A) Meeting all day Friday (about 7 hours of total time)
B) Using two normal IETF 2.5 hour slots (only 5 hours)
C) Meeting one afternoon from 1-7, plus another 2.5 hour slot
D) Some other arrangements (please specify)

Please note that whatever we prefer will be constrained by what the IETF se=
cretariat is able and willing to provide, so stack ranking these options is=
 preferable.

Preferences?

Hopefully, the majority of presenters/speakers in the RRG are not newbies.

And many of us may be on-site by Sunday, where most of the activities are newcomer-oriented.

Furthermore, I think there would be some benefit in providing a break between the presentation material, and the open microphone session, during which folks can absorb the material, read references, discuss in small groups informally, and generally be better prepared to constructively discuss approaches under review.

So, here's my idea:

D: 1-7 on Sunday, after which the welcome cocktail hour happens, plus another 2.5 hour slot later in the week (maybe Friday morning).

The remainder, in decreasing order of preference:
A, C, B

with specific requests not to schedule conflicts with any of v6ops, v6man (both of which are borderline overlap), idr (ditto), (and personally also dnsop/dnsext).

Brian Dickson