RE: [RRG] Re: Does every host need a FQDN name in the future?//re:[RRG] draft-rja-ilnp-intro-01.txt

>>> FWIW, our earlier
>>> experiences with GSE point to the fact that truly achieving
>>guaranteed
>>> global uniqueness is already hard.  The best that we can
>>easily do is
>>> statistical uniqueness.
>>
>>I don't see that. If you're going to use the ID as a key in a
>>hierarchical mapping service, then the people in charge of
>>the relevant part of the namespace can determine who is
>>allowed in and who isn't. That's why we don't have any
>>uniqueness issues with the DNS.

I am with Ilji. A well-organized hierarchical system can easily guarantee global
uniqueness. Every level can control it only assigns unique prefix to next level
within its only prefix pool. Both FQHN and IP address are good examples, which have
achieve global uniqueness. It is only difficult if we want to achieve global
uniqueness with pure flat structure, like current HIT. Now, the point is whether
statistical uniqueness is enough. If the answer is no, change the structure.

Sheng