Re: [RRG] Re: Does every host need a FQDN name in the future?//re:[RRG] draft-rja-ilnp-intro-01.txt

On 7 aug 2008, at 7:20, Tony Li wrote:

FWIW, our earlier
experiences with GSE point to the fact that truly achieving guaranteed
global uniqueness is already hard.  The best that we can easily do is
statistical uniqueness.

I don't see that. If you're going to use the ID as a key in a hierarchical mapping service, then the people in charge of the relevant part of the namespace can determine who is allowed in and who isn't. That's why we don't have any uniqueness issues with the DNS.