RE: [RRG] Re: Does every host need a FQDN name in the future?//re:[RRG] draft-rja-ilnp-intro-01.txt

|I don't see that. If you're going to use the ID as a key in a
|hierarchical mapping service, then the people in charge of the
|relevant part of the namespace can determine who is allowed in
|and who
|isn't. That's why we don't have any uniqueness issues with the DNS.

Correct.  If you want global uniqueness, you have to have a globally managed
namespace.  Previously, GSE proposed using IEEE 802 MAC addresses as
identifiers.  Because there are incidents where these addresses have been
duplicated, this 'easy' solution was discounted as being truly unique.

Tony