Re: [RRG] Renumbering...

On 19 aug 2008, at 21:03, Fleischman, Eric wrote:

Nevertheless, there are few ISP
networks of equivalent size to ours using whatever metric you choose to
use.

Certain forces are trying to re-define that model, trying
to compel us to lease addresses and to become dependent upon outside
ISPs that are smaller than us. How dare they!!

The problem is as follows:

- we can't build a network where EVERYONE has PI addresses

- so far, nobody has come up with a rule for allowing/denying PI to organizations such that we can know that the number of PI users stays within the long term limits of our technology

What you're saying is that whathever this rule is, you qualify.

Your implicit argument that the rule can't be "nobody gets PI" is reasonable, but we still need to have this rule.