RE: [RRG] Renumbering...

> I think that smells remarkably like ILNP

ILNP specifically calls for 64-bits ID for a node. What I was suggesting is a range that can be any (64, 86, etc) based on the set prefix length.
Also end users can put that ID anywhere they see fit: node, interface, port, application etc. If necessary it will be an architectural decision to recommend where exactly to put the ID.