Re: [RRG] Renumbering...

ILNP specifically calls for 64-bits ID for a node. What I was suggesting is a range that can be any (64, 86, etc) based on the set prefix length. Also end users can put that ID anywhere they see fit: node, interface, port, application etc. If necessary it will be an architectural decision to recommend where exactly to put the ID.

Why is this useful for the unnecessary complication of the flexibility?

I would think that net admins don't want users to have this flexibility and why would they care?

Dino