Re: [RRG] Renumbering...

> Why is this useful for the unnecessary complication of the
> flexibility?

For example it allows users flexibility in managing their IDs; decide what to expose externally vs. internally; create applications utilizing the vast pool of permanent unique identifiers; change providers, etc.

> I would think that net admins don't want users to have
> this flexibility and why would they care?

Need a definition of the user, e.g. a large enterprise is an end user to SP. The enterprise may want the above flexibility. SP on their side would focus on capacity and traffic.