-------- Kabel E-Mail Reply ---------------
From: dino@cisco.com
To : tony.li@tony.li
Date: 28.08.2008 20:16:13

I haven't voted because the question is not precise enough:

> Initiated by Tony Li.
> Assuming current renumbering technology, what amount of renumbering
> can be required in the RRG's recommended routing architecture?

"current renumbering technology" could mean a whole lot of things
including typing in new addresses. "amount" doesn't provide any value
and can't be quantified to any value. And "RRG recommend architecture"
is also vague. Does it mean a new routing architecture or the Loc/ID
split architectures we have been discussing?

If the question was:

Does a Locator/ID split solution require sites or core devices to
renumber before it actually can work?

It would be easier to answer honestly.

Dino