RE: [RRG] Consensus check: renumbering

Hi Dino,

|> Assuming current renumbering technology, what amount of renumbering
|> can be required in the RRG's recommended routing architecture?

|"current renumbering technology" could mean a whole lot of things
|including typing in new addresses.

Indeed.  Current techology includes a lot of manual work, scripting, and
DHCP.  In some cases, it may also involve some site management tools.  I'm
told that Tivoli, for example, can help with this.

|"amount" doesn't provide any value
|and can't be quantified to any value.

The amount is specified in the options of the poll:

   1. None at all
   2. Once only
   3. Once per ISP added or dropped
   4. Lots

|And "RRG recommend
|architecture"
|is also vague. Does it mean a new routing architecture or the Loc/ID
|split architectures we have been discussing?

Yes.  Again, the RRG is chartered to recommend a new routing and addressing
architecture.  Currently the locator/identifier split has the largest
mindshare.

Tony