Re: [RRG] Consequences of no renumbering...

- LISP people can correct me here, but I believe the renumbering issue for ALT is an attempt to system optimization.

But ALT doesn't require it. And if you don't get good aggregation of EID space, at least it's in a pseudo-control plane and not in the core.

However, with a logical ALT topology, you could take 2 independently assigned PI blocks which are allocated each to two sites on the opposite sides of the earth and aggregate them by an ALT access-layer of ALT routers.

Since you can tunnel anywhere, those sites can tunnel to the same ALT router.

Does this make for a good business model, well, that's another story.

Dino