Re: [RRG] Consequences of no renumbering...

Tony Li wrote:
|  When was the last BGP3 speaker turned
|off?  Is
|it turned off?

Poor analogy.  The consequences of a BGP3 speaker being out there only have
an impact on the speaker and its downstreams.

My point is simply that while we are all thinking about how to get up the hump of the S curve, we also have to be thinking about the tail when it comes to the old technology. In the case of LISP, I think this is a natural, because service providers can get out of the business of offering BGP peering to their customers, when all their customers need to do is turn on LISP. If that's tied to moving to IPv6, you might get your aggregation for PTRs for free.

Eliot