RE: [RRG] 2 billion IP cellphones in 2103 & mass adoption of IPv6 by currentIPv4 users

Well, I think that the IPv6 enabled terminals/sites would like to be
reachable natively through IP6. So it looks like there will be a lot of
multihoming needs as both IPv6 and IPv4 will co-exist.

And those sites/terminals that start to use IPv6 in parallel with IPv4
need to go through "renumbering" process; adding the IPv6 addresses into
the connectivity system (DCHP, DNS, FW, ACL). This renumbering should be
acceptable.

- Hannu

---------
 >I think that there would only be unsustainable growth in the number of

>IPv6 BGP routes if there was a widespread general uptake of IPv6 by end

>users - including those who want to sell things to the legions of
>predicted mobile users.  A routing scaling problem for
>IPv6 would emerge if there was a few hundred thousand of these
>organisations who decided they need to be on IPv6, and that they want
>multihomed and/or portable space so badly that they get their own PI
>space.  Maybe this will happen.

Who says there needs to be growth in the number of IPv6 BGP routes? If
we map/encaps the entire IPv6 space as an overlay over the existing IPv4
Internet, we keep IPv6 prefixes out of the BGP routing tables and we get
to scale through mapping w/o affecting routing scaling.