RE: [RRG] 2 billion IP cellphones in 2103 & mass adoption of IPv6 by currentIPv4 users

Simply call it "IPv6 enabled terminals reachable through
IPv6", then I am fine with it. "Native" may mean different
things to different people, and what does the terminal
care as long as it can send/receive IPv6 packets?

>And those sites/terminals that start to use IPv6 in parallel with IPv4
>need to go through "renumbering" process; adding the IPv6
>addresses into
>the connectivity system (DCHP, DNS, FW, ACL). This renumbering
>should be
>acceptable.

I haven't followed the renumbering discussions all that
closely, but do you consider the assignment of IPv6
addresses/prefixes where there were none previously as
a "renumbering event"?

Fred
fred.l.templin@boeing.com