Re: multi6-functional-dec and re-homing

john.loughney@nokia.com wrote:
Marcelo,

well, i am not sure about this...
My point was about establishing new communication after an outage with external hosts that don't implement the shim.
This is important becuase at least in the early days, most of nodes won't implement shim.
Explicitly taking this point into consideration would allow to provide some degree of fault tolerance (i.e. the capability of establishing new communications after an outage) even in communications with nodes that don't implement the shim.

This is a general transition issue; I guess the protocol should specify how
an shim6 endpoint works with a non-shim6 endpoint.

The simple answer is that it then works like a non-shim endpoint. The goals in RFC 3582 don't include any benefits for non-multi6-aware hosts.

    Brian