From: owner-shim6@psg.com [mailto:owner-shim6@psg.com] On Behalf Of avri@psg.com
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2005 9:18 AM
To: shim6
Subject: Re: fragmenting the discussion space

Hi,

I can understand that excluding some of the related issues makes a discussion easier. But isn't one of the reasons we have fragmented solutions and lack a coherent architecture due to the fact that we have not yet learned to discuss complex issues including all of the related threads?

In many cases, ignoring the details to get a quick solution out is reasonable. In the case of changing the basic behavior of IP and of the addressing architecture, this seems to me to be unwise.

a.