Re: addition of TLV to locator ID or locator ID set

On Tue, 4 Oct 2005, marcelo bagnulo braun wrote:

HBA are constructed using regular PA prefixes assigned by the ISPs (LIRs) that are serving the multihomed site. Just regular PA prefixes. The HBA essentially defines the iid

Ah, yes. So you end up with a set of HBAs all of which have provider assigned prefix as their own prefix, that point had escaped me. Thanks. (And advertise a set of HBAs in DNS. And all reachable even without shimming).

I was confused and thought there would be a special shim prefix to which the HBA IID would be joined.

i think that Jari and Erik have clearly explained this point

Yes. ;)

i agree that this is a great benefit of current IPv4 PI address based solution, but this is clearly not the goal of the shim6 wg

Right. Shame, but hey.

Thanks!

regards,
--