Re: Review comments on draft-ietf-shim6-proto-03.txt

this illustrates the difference between explicit locator preferences and the lack of locator prefs.

If the ULP (application actually) has a demand for particular path characteristics then, in the context of this base specification, the interaction between the SHIM6 and the ULP would be for the ULP to request a forked context and then request the active locator set from the SHIM, and then (by setting a NO SHIM flag in the API) probe the locator pairs and discover their path characteristics according to the ULP's preferences - then communicate the relative preferences back tot he SHIM using an explicit preference signalling to the SHIM.

But my comment was, as I noted in the mail to Spencer - in the _absence_ of any preference indicators, then is the ULID a "preferred" locator over other locators?

Geoff