Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-shim6-applicability-01.txt

Brian E Carpenter schrieb:

Igor Gashinsky wrote:

Shim6 is a host multihoming solution, the only difference is that it doesn't use multiple NICs and puts the ip addresses all on one interface.

I see nothing in shim6 that limits it to a single NIC.
Yes, I agree with you.

As marcelo bagnulo said, there are two types of multihomed hosts:

> i guess it is mostly a matter of how to define a multihomed host
>
> we could say that we have two types of multihomed hosts:
>
> - the "strict" multihomed host where the host has multiple physical
> interfaces
> - the "loose" multihomed host, where the host has multiple addresses

But, I think shim6 can be applied to both kinds of multihomed hosts.
Is it right? :-)

More to the point, I see no value myself in deciding whether it's
a "host" multihoming solution or a "site" multihoming solution.

I agree with what Daniel said in his mails.
I think they are different since "host" multihoming and "site" multihoming are different scenarios,and might have different goals or benefits. :-)

Cheers
Deguang

   Brian