Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-van-beijnum-shim6-suppress-header-00.txt

Here my thoughts about suppressing the shim header written up in a draft.

Begin forwarded message:

	Title		: Suppressing the Shim6 Header
	Author(s)	: I. van Beijnum
	Filename	: draft-van-beijnum-shim6-suppress-header-00.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 2006-6-20

The shim6 protocol defines a header that contains a "context tag" that
identifies packets as belonging to a certain shim6 context that exists
between two hosts. It has been suggested that this shim6 header is
inserted between the IPv6 header and the upper layer protocol such as
TCP in all packets where the shim layer has rewritten the source and/or
destination address. This document considers the suppression of this
header in situations where packets can be successfully demultiplexed by
the receiver without it.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-van-beijnum-shim6- suppress-header-00.txt

--