Re: CGA Use with HBA in Shim6 IETF Meeting July 10, 2006

On 19-jul-2006, at 17:35, Ahrenholz, Jeffrey M wrote:

To throw 2-cents into this conversation, the SIDR WG seems to be
considering a global PKI, albeit for BGP routers and not end hosts.

I don't take the discussions in SIDR to mean that every BGP router will have a certificate. That may or may not happen (I don't think storing private keys in routers that may be housed in fairly insecure places is a very good idea) but even if it does, that's not the same thing as having a certificate for EVERY host.