RE: ocean: do not boil

itojun wrote:
> 	so we need to get small (< $200) router vendors to do
> IPv6.  upstream
> 	can be IPv6 over PPPoE (if upstream ISP supports it), or 6to4.
> 	if these small router vendors are using IP code from
> Linux, BSD or VxWorks,
> 	it's no-brainer, code is already there - more problem
> reside in education
> 	(for support call desks).  if we've done that, we can
> simplify it very much -
> 	no need for NAT penetration like Teredo.

Just because a new device exists, doesn't mean that the service
providers will deploy it. Unlike the past few years, there will need to
be a strong motivation to replace CPE gear that is not completely
amortized yet. If you want to have an impact, put effort into getting a
docsis spec for IPv6 in place. Without that, it won't matter if the
consumer puts in a $100 router because it will still have an IPv4-only
device in its path.

Tony