Re: ocean: do not boil

>=> I think we're drifting from the main issue
>a little bit. Here is a scenario that I'd like
>to understand how it would work:
>What do we recommend a new small 3g operator who only
>has 10 million subscribers (just a small town
>in china!) and wants to allow people to run p2p apps:
>
>a. Run a dual network with 1918 addresses
>b. Just run an IPv6 network
>
>If people want to do a), do you really think
>this would be simpler than b) ? Easier to manage
>and operate?

	"10 million subscriber" scenario is nontrivial by nature.

	for (a), 10.0.0.0/8 space only servers 17 million subscribers
	(theoretical maximum), and since address alloation efficiency is not
	that good, you can't have a single NAT cloud.  you need to split
	customers into multiple NAT clouds (also I don't think any single
	NAT box can take traffic from 10 million subscribers).

	even for (b), I don't think single NAT-PT box (Alain, forget about
	DNSSEC for now) can take traffic from 10 million subscribers, so we
	at least need to split NAT-PT load to multiple NAT-PT box somehow.
	(i assume the customers will want to use IPv4-only yahoo.com.cn, right?)

	so if we need to take a pick, it is between (a) IPv4 multiple NAT cloudm	and global IPv6, or (b) global IPv6 and multiple NAT-PT.

itojun