Re: Proposed 6to4 work (security)

Pekka Savola wrote:

On Thu, 10 Oct 2002, Margaret Wasserman wrote:

Dave and Pekka, do you think that these works are ready for consideration
as v6ops work items?

Depending on what v6ops wants. I believe my security draft is quite complete, as far as filtering goes, but if the community wants to extend it somehow (e.g. relay issues) that's another thing.

I think the relay issue is very serious but I'm not sure there is any satisfying solution.
Documenting it is probably a good start.

There are also some issues aboout RFC3068, as there are very little public relays
available today. We need to understand if this is just because we are still very
early in IPv6 deployment or if it is because there is a fundamental problem
in the model.

As about multicast, I tend to agree with Pekka, yes multicast would be a nice thing to
have, but I think we need first to undertand how critical it is
in the various scenario documents.

- Alain.