Re: (ngtrans) I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ngtrans-mech-v2-01.txt

Harald,

You made some comment during the v6ops meeting this AM regarding an
"interesting" draft. Could you be referring to this one:

  http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-templin-v6v4-ndisc-01.txt

The main idea is to have an after-market deployable mechanism that
can allow automatic tunnel encapsulators/decapsulators to participate
in path MTU discovery. The mechanism detects whether both ends are
participating in the protocol and only runs if the handshake is
completed. The penalty is extra state for neighbor cache entries,
which presents a scaling issue for routers - but one that I think
can be quantified.

I'd be happy to have some comments on the draft,

Fred Templin
osprey67@yahoo.com