Re: (ngtrans) I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ngtrans-mech-v2-01.txt

> I liked the suggestion of 1380 bytes for the MTU when dynamic tunnel
> configuration
> is not used. I believe this also requires an MRU of at least 1400 bytes
> in the receiver,
> however. Does this require any sync-up with the IPv6 node requirements
> draft? The
> text there says:
>
>   "If Path MTU Discovery is not implemented then the sending packet size is
>     limited to 1280 octets ..."

That is an orthogonal issue.
An IPv6 sender that doesn't perform path MTU discovery will only send <=1280
bytes as you point out, but the IPv4 reassembly buffer size of
the receiver on a tunnel decapsulator is merely a function of how
the IPv6-in-IPv4 tunneling is done.

> We would like to be able to cite [MECH](bis) out of the next version of the
> ISATAP draft. Do you have any timeframe for making the changes?

I'd like to get it done in a month.

  Erik