Re: isatap-07 draft offered as last-call

--- Pekka Savola <pekkas@netcore.fi> wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Nov 2002, Fred Templin wrote:
> > As per Harald Alvestrand's message "On NGTRANS, transition mechanisms and consortia",
> > I would like to offer the current isatap version as immediate last-call candidate for
> > experimental track. The document can be found at:
> >
> >   http://www.geocities.com/osprey67/isatap-07.txt
>
> Please be specific what you mean.
>
> I took Harald's message as to signify "you can always submit a draft for
> experimental as an individual submission".

Specifically, Harald's message states:

> There are several ways around this if you want things published:
> - Publish through other mechanisms than the RFC process
> - Publish as Experimental RFC
> - Plead with the ADs to sponsor the mechanisms for standards track based on their obvious merits
(identifying the mechanisms they obsolete)

Thus, I am seeking to publish as an Experimental RFC and also pleading with the ADs to
sponsor the mechanism for standards track based on obsoleting RFC 2529 (6over4).

> It's not clear to me whether you interpreted it as something else (like,
> wg can automatically adjust the charter to accept documents to be
> published as experimental).
>
> btw. the draft does not mention there have been IPR claims.  IMO it's a
> good practise to state that.
>
> btw.2. security considerations wrt. disclosing the potentially NAT'ed
> addresses is still not mentioned.

Thanks,

Please upload the new version found at:

http://www.geocities.com/osprey67/isatap-07.txt