Re: on NAT-PT

On Thu, Nov 28, 2002 at 10:16:19 +0100, Brian E Carpenter wrote:

> I think we need an RFC which discusses the issues with NAT-PT
> that are discussed for NAT-v4 in RFC 2993 and RFC 3027.
> Maybe it could be quite short, if the issues are the same,
> but it needs to be written.

I think we should also descibe the specific issues of translating
between address families. With dual stack hosts, there is the issue
of getting a translated address when un-translated communication is
possible. There is also the issue where to put these boxes (near the
v4-only host, near the v6-only host or somewhere in between). And
probably others.

	rvdp