Re: IPv6 transition architecture discussion

>> Is there any evidence to suggest that IPv6 will some day make the move
>> from testbed to wide deployment?
>Yes, IPv6 is already widely deployed in research networks like WIDE,
>6NET and Abilene. Remember how the IPv4 internet started? There are
>also many internet exchanges that support IPv6. The commercial ISPs
>will follow. Many have already got an IPv6 prefix from their RIR.

	IPv6 is not just in academia, also in commercial.  for instance:
	- 5+ ISPs in japan, more than 1 in sweden, and some other ISPs
	  offer commercial connectivity services
	- 25+ ISPs in japan offer experimental connectivity services
	- 50 IPv6 ASes are connected at NSPIXP6 (IPv6 IX in tokyo)
	- there are *at least* 1500 /48 sites in japan alone
	- at IIJ and WIDE we get lots of support calls/emails whenever there's
	  any routing issues or whatever - that means, people depends on
	  ipv6 network
	so it's a good sign.  i understand there are multiple chicken-and-egg
	problems (and it's irritating), but i'm sure it will get solved.

itojun