Re: Tunnel Set-up requirements: Issue to be resolved

> The original draft talked about two modes, authenticated and non
> authenticated.
> This was not a perfect terminology, and we now use registered vs non
> registered.

Question: in the non-registered mode is there an ability to have a mechanism
by which the same host gets the same IPv6 address each time it sets up
a tunnel?

> 	- The registered part of the protocol SHOULD not be too different from
> the non registered one,
> 	   so as to minimize code difference between the two modes

Are we assuming that the registration is done as part of the protocol
itself, or are we assuming that the registration is external to the protocol?
In the latter case you can the ISP that supports registered tunnels can
have a web site where the user types in the credentials it uses
with the ISP (userid? contract number? whatever)
and as a result gets some registration key/tag which will be used
in the actual tunnel setup protocol.

  Erik