Re: Proposed way forward with the transition mechanisms

Tim Chown wrote:
On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 11:22:12PM +0300, Soininen Jonne (Nokia-NET/Helsinki) wrote:

I do personally believe that ISATAP is pointed as the most promising
solution for automatic tunneling in the 3GPP analysis document and thus,
should be listed as a solution to be standardized.

Our own experience (non-small enterprise) is that we prefer to deploy
a structured (configured) transition mechanism - in our case VLAN-based IPv6 propogation - rather than an unstructured (automatic) method. So
we don't see any need for ISATP in our particular scenario. However,
I can see why some others see some attraction.

I think many enterprise networks will agree, not to mention that since ISATAP solves the NBMA problem, it has some intrinsic complexity. So I do echo Alain's question: what makes ISATAP fit better than ordinary tunnels, in the 3GPP secnario?

   Brian