Re: [ipv6-wg@ripe.net] Re: 9/9/2004 IP6.INT Removal (Was: 9/9/2006 : ip6.int shutdown?)

On Fri, Aug 20, 2004 at 07:40:46PM +0900, kawamura seiichi wrote:
> (First time writing to this Mailing list)
> Are there any temporary solutions to this ip6.int.
> broken problem? or do we just have to wait until 9/9?
> Some applications keep asking for ip6.int. and
> servers not responding cause delays to the application services.

If you have access to the C libraries or whatever is generating the
lookups, it should be easy enough to edit the source or binary edit
the library to look up something else that will fail quickly rather
than time out.

A cleaner option might be to tell your recursive name server that
it is authorititive for ip6.int and give it an empty zone (this is
what I do for zones that have problems with AAAA lookups). This
prevents it having to time out.

	David.