Re: REVIEW NEEDED: draft-ietf-v6ops-ent-analysis-00.txt (fwd)

On Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 03:32:33PM +0300, Soininen Jonne (Nokia-NET/Helsinki) wrote:

> First of all, there is a lot of information in the draft about how the
> transition/deployment of IPv6 in enterprise environment is to be done.
> However, the conclusions seem not to be clearly derivable from the text.
> I think the goal of the document is to have clear conclusions what is
> expected from the IETF to be done (nothing - everything is already done,
> requirements for transition protocols/mechanisms, identifying the
> protocol needed).
>
> I think this is somewhat in the document, but not clearly enough. So,
> what I would like to see is more clearly the link between the actual
> text of the document and the conclusions in the section 8. At least to
> me it is not clear how the conclusions have been reached.

Hi Jonne,

I'm sure Jim can answer, but my $.2c

The idea was that we'd pump out a first draft quickly so people could
comment on its direction.  It wasn't meant to include all solutions.
So for example I wrote sections 4 and 7, others added other sections,
but without adding an analysis/recommendation on top.

Once we have agreement on direction (which should have happened on list
some time ago now, but noone commented) we could add the text for the
actual recommendations (section 8).

If you feel we should just press on in the absence of feedback, then let
the authors know.   Time to get a revised version in by 18th is running
out.

Tim