Re: WG process etc. [Re: WG last call on tunneling scenarios]

Hi Jonne,

I'm not upset about this specific issue, even if it seems so. I was upset
long time ago on this ;-) We need to look in a positive way. What was done
wrong, should be recognized, and not do the same error twice !

I know it was a decision (not the WG decision, and that's the problem !),
and is to late to change it, but NOW, we have an opportunity to do better
the next steps, at least with the WG agreement.

So please, start the discussion now in the list, provide inputs about what
are your proposing, different alternatives, etc.

The meeting is never enough (even with time restrictions, people not there
which may contribute, etc.), specially if the inputs aren't there up-front.

I think that should be a fair way to continue. Do you agree ?

Regards,
Jordi

> De: "Soininen Jonne (Nokia-NET/Helsinki)" <jonne.soininen@nokia.com>
> Responder a: owner-v6ops@ops.ietf.org
> Fecha: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 17:35:43 +0200
> Para: jordi.palet@consulintel.es
> CC: v6ops@ops.ietf.org
> Asunto: Re: WG process etc. [Re: WG last call on tunneling scenarios]
>
> Jordi,
>
> I see that you are upset. I'm sorry if you feel that there has not been
> enough discussion on the topic.
>
> However, we have been working in the process where we have to finish the
> scenarios/analysis to understand what we are supposed to do. This has
> been in place from the start of v6ops. Maybe there has not been enough
> discussion on this process, but I feel the discussion now is a bit late.
> We are practically finished!
>
> I hope we can discuss the next steps now in full extent in the meeting
> to make sure that nobody's voice goes unheard.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jonne.
>

> On Tue, 2004-11-02 at 03:08, ext JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:
>> Hi Jonne,
>>
>> Well, as you know, I think this serial-mode has been wrong all the time. At
>> least a "pure-serial" mode.
>>
>> I don't recall the WG being asked for doing this or not, just forced to.
>>
>> Is that an open process ?
>>
>> :-(
>>
>> Regards,
>> Jordi
>>

>>> De: "Soininen Jonne (Nokia-NET/Helsinki)" <jonne.soininen@nokia.com>
>>> Responder a: owner-v6ops@ops.ietf.org
>>> Fecha: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 00:36:28 +0200
>>> Para: "ext Bound, Jim" <jim.bound@hp.com>
>>> CC: jordi.palet@consulintel.es, v6ops@ops.ietf.org
>>> Asunto: RE: WG process etc. [Re: WG last call on tunneling scenarios]
>>>
>>> Ladies, and Gentlemen of the v6ops WG,
>>>
>>> I understand that the slow process of our little WG causes some
>>> frustration among the participants of the WG.
>>>
>>> Like you all know, we have had this scenarios/analysis project going on
>>> for a long time. To facilitate the quickest possible ending of that
>>> project we decided in the IETF#60 meeting to concentrate on finishing
>>> just those tasks. This has practically meant that much of the work has
>>> concentrated on the remaining analysis document, and the now three
>>> requirements documents.
>>>
>>> Basically the plan was the following:
>>>
>>> 1) Finish the remaining analysis documents
>>> 2) Stabilize the requirements documents
>>> 3) Map the requirements to solutions