A personal take on WG's priorities..

Hi,

Based on the discussion on what the WG should be doing, I cooked up my **personal** list of what I consider to be priorities, in some rough categories. As you see, there's a *LOT* that falls under the WG charter, and there is no way we could work on even 1/3 or 1/4 of these at the same time. So, there must be some priorization.

I welcome comments especially if you think I've badly misprioritized document/work that relates to the v6ops charter.

======

The most important work
 - finish enterprise analysis
 - finish requirement(s) for tunneling
    * to be able to decide whether existing solution(s) are sufficient
      and if not, get started on specifying new ones
 - get started on mechanisms (somewhere else?) if needed/necessary

Pretty darn important work
 - the last spin at 3GPP analysis doc, updated IMS scenario
 - better document the ISP's broadband transition scenarios
    * draft-asadullah-v6ops-bb-deployment-scenarios-01
 - finish draft-ietf-v6ops-mech-v2
    * waiting for feedback from the IESG telechat..
 - adopt and finish draft-tschofenig-v6ops-secure-tunnels-02.txt
    * IESG requirement for draft-ietf-v6ops-mech-v2
 - figure what to do about the NAT-PT deprecation/analysis
   *  draft-aoun-v6ops-natpt-deprecate
 - (techno-political) document for v4 NAT users
   * draft-vandevelde-v6ops-nap
 - IPv6-on-by-default work, fixes need to be integrated in the IETF work
   * draft-ietf-v6ops-onlinkassumption
   * draft-ietf-v6ops-v6onbydefault
   * etc.

Important work
 - draft-ietf-v6ops-renumbering-procedure
   * needs revision to address IESG comments
 - draft-palet-v6ops-tun-auto-disc
 - draft-chown-v6ops-vlan-usage
 - figuring out how to deal with Mobile IP transition issues
 - security overview of IPv6
    * draft-savola-v6ops-security-overview

Useful work
 - revising 6to4 spec to be clearer, etc.
 - draft-palet-v6ops-solution-tun-auto-disc
 - draft-chown-v6ops-renumber-thinkabout-00
 - draft-chown-v6ops-port-scanning-implications

Difficult to say whether it has gained sufficient momentum, and/or
 whether this is the right place to do this
 - draft-palet-v6ops-auto-trans
 - draft-palet-v6ops-ipv6security
 - draft-vives-v6ops-ipv6-security-ps
 - draft-kondo-quarantine-overview-01.txt

Not sure whether it should be published as RFC, or is sufficiently relevant
 - draft-chown-v6ops-campus-transition
 - draft-morelli-v6ops-ipv6-ix