Flow label and Traffic Class [Re: A personal take on WG's priorities..]

Liu Min wrote:
I also want to know if we want to make some suggestion or present some
proposal for IPv6 Flow Label, where should we do it. When we introduce IPv6,
the Flow Label and Traffic Class, and its support for QoS are always one
topic. However, you can not present a QoS mechanism or a network measurement
tool using Flow Label and Traffic Class, because they are still experimental
and subject to change.

This last sentence is not correct. The Traffic Class is Proposed Standard (RFC 2474, RFC 2597, RFC 3246, RFC 3289 and others). It is operational in IPv4, and will operate identically in IPv6.

The Flow Label general rules are Proposed Standard (RFC 3697; also see
RFC 3595). However, we still need to describe specific use cases for the
Flow Label. That is the work that needs to be done, and anyone can
publish an I-D describing a use case, and ask for a BOF.

   Brian

Best Wishes,

Liu Min
Institute of Computing Technology