Re: Take VLAN usage as WG document?

On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 11:44:43AM +0100, Juergen Schoenwaelder wrote:

> What I like to see is more discussion of the trade-offs between the
> alternatives that do exist.  One specific item which I think needs
> more consideration is the IPv6 addressing plan. My experience was
> that working out an addressing plan is actually more controversial
> and time consuming than getting an IPv6 router hocked up into the
> network. So a more complete list of the various approaches for
> addressing plans together with their advantages and disadvantages
> would be much appreciated and add real value to the document.

Hi,

We are working on a separate draft on addressing plans for end sites,
from experiences in 6NET.   I don't think we want to cloud the "how you
deploy dual stack via a parallel infrastructure" issue with "how you
address the IPv6 network".    So I would prefer to keep the two as
separate texts.

We expect to release a first draft in 2-3 weeks.   Input is welcome; we
have three authors to date.

Tim