Re:Feedback on proposed charter from the IESG

I radically disagree with:

"The main focus of the v6ops WG is to look at the immediate
deployment issues; more advanced stages of deployment and transition
are a lower priority."

We know how long takes the IETF process, so if we put in lower priority
"more advanced stages", then we are endangering the deployment. Furthermore,
where is the bar for what is advanced for you or for me ? For example, we
are now deploying IPv6-only networks. Is that advanced or not ?

Also: "1. Solicit input from network operators and users to identify", I'm
not a network operator, but do the work for some of them. So this will
actually exclude my input. Should be reworded.

Then, if we say "ISP Networks (including Core, HFC/Cable, DSL & Dial-up
networks),", we should mention all the technologies (for example PLC),
otherwise is better to just say "including Core and any kind of access
network). Right ?

If we say "Enterprise Networks, Unmanaged Networks (Home/Small Office), and
Cellular Networks.", somehow we are limiting to those scenarios. Tomorrow we
can come up with a new one. Consequently, it will be better to finish this
sentence with something like: "..., cellular networks, or other unforeseen
scenarios which may become relevant and are not covered by the previous
ones".

Regards,
Jordi

Madrid 2003 Global IPv6 Summit