IPv6 security somewhat imperfect

We're wandering a bit far afield from the original thread, so I changed the thread subject.

Here's another one. Viruses today scan one's address book and do interesting things. Imagine a virus that scans the SMTP headers on your incoming mail and learns the names (which will translate to a current address) and the address (the one that was in use at the time of the transmission) of the MUAs and MTAs en route?

If a virus can find one host on a remote LAN and infect it, that host can do a link-local ping to all-hosts.

My point in this is that I find the discussion of IPv6 security a little self-congratulatory...