Re: WG Last Call: draft-chown-v6ops-vlan-usage-02.txt

On May 10, 2005, at 4:28 AM, Pekka Savola wrote:
If we don't have concrete examples that the readers can correspond to their existing configurations, I fear the example isn't going to be of much use.

My question relates to what people will understand reading the document a decade from now. RFCs, unlike I-Ds, are forever, but the example is pretty specific not only to a vendor but to a specific equipment running a specific software release. If you want a vendor-specific example, I think it's only fair to say that and give the vendor the option of fixing it without having to explain to every customer for the next decade that the issue has been resolved.